Engr. Brisbourne Iyamu was born on the 26th of May, 1949.
He studied Marine and Industrial Engineering at the University of Applied Science and Technology in Hamburg, between 1978 and 1985, where he obtained the Master Of Science (M.Sc.) degree.
His Professional work experience, which span many decades, starting from 1972, include the following – among many others:
- Sailing, as Chief Engineer, with various German Shipping Lines.
- Participation in the designing, building and Sea trial of the Nigerian Naval Ships – NNS ARADU, NNS OFIOM. And host of other NNS vessels.
- As Superintendent Engineer in charge of building new Vessels and technical coordination of Ship repairs and personnel with Contimar Line, Hamburg.
- Design and building of seven third-generation Container Vessels in Stochnia Shipyard, Gdynia, Poland, for a German Shipping Company in Hamburg.
- Commissioning of the only Coca Cola Factory in Conakry, Guinea, in 1982.
- Currently I am the founder and the Chief Executive Officer of the following Companies
- BRATCO Overseas GmbH, an import and export Company based in Hamburg, with a branch in Lagos, Nigeria (founded in 1995)
- BRATCO Oil and Offshore Services, which specialises in Civil/Mechanical Engineering works, Welding, Flow station maintenance, Oil field tools, leasing of plants/equipment (founded in 2002), Sales and services of Refinery, ( Turn around Maintenance & Equipment for Refineries), Drilling Equipments for offshore Oil rigs.
- BRATCO Sky Cargo – an Aviation consulting company & Freight Forwarding company (Land, Sea, Air)
- BRATCO Ship brokers a Marine & Offshore Brokerage company, which specialises in the sales and leasing of Offshore Vessels, such as: Workboats, Push boats, supply boats, Spud barge, Marsh Buggy, House boats, Marsh excavators (swamp Buggy)& Dredgers. Contracting of Foreign Expatriates to oil companies wherever their services are needed worldwide.
Providing ship owners with technical assistant ( Shipyard Inspectors) during building of New vessels and dry dockings
- Bratco Agriculture and Soil Remediation.
Engr. Brisbourne Iyamu is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Society of German Engineers (VDI), Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Society of German Marine Engineers, (VDSI), Hamburg, Germany
- Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (S.N.A.M.E.), New York, USA
- Institute of Engineers and Technicians (M.I.E.T.), London, UK.
- President of the Nigerian Professionals and Entrepreneurs in Germany (NIPEG)
Engr. Brisbourne Iyamu is happily married with four (4) children.